Sunday, June 10, 2012

"My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys...On The Journey Of My Life"




What a fantastic title for a blog post wouldn't you say?? Well, the reason I am celebrating Cowboys and a very special Cowboy at that, is because this month,  the Just A Few Friends "Pride" Prowl is dedicated to none other than the most wonderful  men of all...Our Daddy's.

Welcome as we take you pouncing on the most AMAZING Father's Day adventure of "Precious Treasures" that we have created for our special men and  each of you to  help get your creative juices flowing in time for next Sunday! If you happened here first please start back at the beginning with the Alpha Lioness Elsa at http://justafewdesigns.blogspot.com/

Now without further ado let me share my treasures with you...

First is a card I call "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys...And You Are The Last Of The Forgotten Breed" dedicated to the most AMAZING Daddy in the whole word...My husband Joseph. 


He is the epitome of the word Daddy! There has NEVER been a time in my children and grandchildren's lives that this man has NOT been there! For every celebration and every sorrow he has lead this family. He is strong, yet has the patience of Job. He is brave and believes with his whole heart in his Lord and Savior, when a crisis or challenge arises and they do, he handles it with the valor of Hero. Always keeping in mind the health and well being of all of his family. He has taught his children to stand up for what they believe in...speak their minds and to always have an opinion...and more than that...to voice it. He is honest to a fault and the most hard working man I have ever met in my life.  He came into my Children's lives on Mother's Day 1996 they didn't know what having a "Daddy" was like. But  if you ask them now after all these years they will tell you that he is their "Hero" their "Mentor" their "Strength" When they come home broken and beaten down by life, he picks them up...dusts them off...and loves them back to life. He was their for the birth of every grandchild. When his daughters could not longer hold their heads up...he held their heads in his big ole' hand and whispered the words of encouragement and strength that brought each grandchild into this world safely. Then he took that newborn in those big ole' arms and welcomed them into his family with the sweetest of all blessings. Those grandbabies think their "Big Daddy" can rope the moon. And I bet if they asked him to he would.

I made this card for him because he is definitely the last of the forgotten breed of Cowboy...Hardworking, Honest, Faithful, and Strong.  He wears the "Ledford" brand well and we are so proud and honored to call him "Daddy".

Here is a closer look at the paper cutting I did for this card. You will also notice two spurs that I cut from the "Old West" Cricut Cartridge. If you already haven't noticed, this is an Eabsel Card. I also embellished with flat back pearls and four small pearl heart brads on the corners of the card.


I apologize for the glare...I did my best in bad lighting. But my photography skills are not the reason for this blog anyway are they.

I also included another little card for those that don't "Cowboy Up" but are "Born To Ride"!!




I hope you like what I have created. I didn't have much of a Father figure throughout my life especially after I lost my Grandpa but I know that he thought the world of Joe because the last words he spoke were "Mijo take care of the love of my life". He entrusted my Joe to look after my Gran after 74 years of looking after her himself. Now if that didn't mean something I don't know what would. 

Please remember all the men in your life that step up to the plate and love and care for their families the way that my Boo cares for us. Let them know just how much they mean to you and not just on Father's Day, but everyday!!

Now if you will please pounce on over to RJ's Blog http://thriftycrafterdude.blogspot.com/ and enjoy what he has created! As he is the one and only male lion cub in the "Pride" and we are so happy and proud to have him. Happy Father's Day RJ!!

Be well and always remember to tell those close to you that you love em' and never let your Husband or Daddy leave your home without them knowing that you love and appreciate them always.

Until next time....

Tootles <3














9 comments:

  1. Wow Bon...what a heartwarming post!! It was a wonderful read...oh and your card was good too.....naaaaaaahhhh Just joking....your card is gorgeous and I absolutely love it....Boy did I roar and pounce with delight when I heard you post was up.....WTG ROOOAAAARRRRR {{hugs}} Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!!! You did a great job, I am glad you got things working! Roar!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH girl!! Your post was WELL worth the wait!! Love everything about your entry...wow!
    Thanks so much for being part of my Pride of just a few friends!!!
    love ya girly
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. Awesome post Bon! Love both your cards, and it absolutely warmed my heart to hear of the wonderful blessings God's bestowed upon you!.. ((Hugs)) and hope you're enjoying the weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous blogging of your personal experience. I adored Mg dad who passed a couple years ago. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I'm in love with this. I love horses! I like to think of myself as a cowgirl! Love the old west things. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartwarming post!!! Love your cards:)
    Hope you have a wonderful day:)
    ♥hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Bon, when I started on this hop, I really did not expect to be brought to tears (I probably should have expected it though). This is such a sweet post. It sounds as if your husband blesses everyone around him! I LOVE both of these cards but the first one is truly my favorite - reminds me of my father and gives me great ideas for his Father's Day card. I promise not to steal your design, but I definitely appreciate the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say...i cried too! My heros have always been cowboys...but I have realized that my Dad would have been my hero no matter. But because he was one...as were 3 out of 5 brothers...I have a love for the cowboy way!

    ReplyDelete