Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"Fight Like A Girl" Raising Breast Cancer Awareness With Tons Of Cuteness!

"Fight Like A Girl"

Raising Breast Cancer Awareness With Tons Of Cuteness!

The toughest words you will ever hear in your life are "you have cancer". They hit you like a ton of bricks, leaving you scared, confused, anxious, and very fearful. You may hear words like "We'll get through this together" or the really horrible thing that most people say, "I'm so sorry" Sorry...Sorry for what?? The last thing a person that has just been diagnosed wants to hear is, "I'm so sorry"...remember to never say those words. Replace those words with worlds like, "cancer won't win" or "I'm gonna love you through it". 
When I was first diagnosed with cancer I was 34 years old with three small children who thought I roped the moon. I was their everything. Now I didn't have breast cancer. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. The feeling is still the same. I promise you that. Fear is fear regardless of the origin. I wanted more than anything for someone, anyone, to tell me that everything is going to be just fine...and I did. The one constant strength in my life, my island in a storm, my calm in the unknown, my everything, my Joseph. He knew the exact words to say.  Later a very clever writer wrote the words that said everything I felt in my heart, everything I needed to hear...I want to share those words with you. But before I do I want to share with you the absolute cuteness that I created to raise breast cancer awareness. Nothing like a precious Bestie/Besties to make anyone smile.
I created an Accordian Mini Album to share with all of you. Here I will post still pictures, and I will share the video that I posted on YouTube.







It was definitely a labor of love. I shared images 014 and 024 with you in this project. Please watch the video...let me know what you think. There you will find links to websites that not only raise awareness for breast cancer, but also help financially, and in so many other ways as well. So please go visit my YouTube channel watch the video and read the description below the video for those websites.


I want to leave you with a video that touched my heart and changed my life. This is how we should address breast cancer...any cancer. With courage, faith, and above all HOPE.


I have taken enough of your time, I just want you all to know that cancer is not a death sentence, when I looked over the edge of the cliff of my life all I could see was a bright light in the night, and the only word I could hear was "FIGHT" and that is just what I did.
Until next time my friends...
Be blessed and be a blessing to to others...
Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment